White Fillings at Green Lane Dental Centre
For over a century and a half, cavities were traditionally filled with a blend of metals, including silver and mercury. It wasn’t uncommon to notice dark grey patches in someone’s mouth when they laughed.
Now, there’s a more aesthetic alternative. Cavities and other minor voids in your teeth can be filled with composite fillings. These white fillings, or composite fillings, are crafted from resins that match the shade of your teeth, rendering them virtually invisible upon application.
Not only do they blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, but composite fillings also offer a robust seal on the treated area, acting as a deterrent against further decay. The decision to use composite fillings is influenced by:
- The size of the cavity or void.
- The tooth’s location and its functional importance (e.g., a primary chewing tooth).
- Any allergies the patient might have to certain materials.
- The patient’s preference concerning the use of metals in dental work.
- Cosmetic necessity for a tooth-colored filling.