For over 150 years, cavities were filled with a mixture of metals, including silver and mercury. It was perfectly normal to see dark grey areas in someone’s mouth when they laughed.
But today, you can have cavities, as well as any other smaller hollow areas in your teeth, filled with composite fillings. White fillings, or composite fillings, are made from resins that are matched to your tooth’s colour – so they become invisible when applied.
Composite fillings also provide an excellent seal on the affected area, so that tooth decay can be prevented. The factors that go into our decision to use composite fillings include:
- The size of the area that needs to be filled
- The location of the affected area in the mouth (i.e., a tooth that is heavily relied on for chewing)
- Allergies the patient might have.
- The preference of the patient regarding the use of metals in the mouth.
- Whether it is necessary cosmetically to have a tooth-coloured filling.
(These all can be done only in one visit with CEREC)
At Green Lane Dental Centre, patients can look forward to being treated by a dentists who not only values their ongoing oral health, but also strives to help them achieve total wellness through exquisite care experiences. You’ll find everything you need to know below about our practice’s address here in Penge, London, ways in which you can contact us directly and our available clinic hours. We hope to hear from you soon!
Address: 17 Green Ln, London SE20 7JA
Phone: 020 8776 9776
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 09:00 am – 05:30 pm