HAVE YOUR WHITE CROWN IN JUST ONE HOUR
Green Lane Dental Centre offers patients state-of-the-art computerized dentistry, the new Cerec crown in just one Visit.
Cerec is the leader in a new type of technology known as ‘CAD-CAM’ (Computer-assisted Design, Computer-assisted Manufacture). It is a significant advance in traditional crown-making approaches. Rather than taking a mold of your tooth and sending it to a laboratory, a dental practice with Cerec technology can use a photographic image of your tooth to shape a crown on-site. The crown is designed by a sophisticated computer programme which shapes the crown from porcelain. Cerec equipment can also be used to make hard-wearing, durable porcelain fillings.
When you have a conventional dental crown made your dentist will take a rubber impression of your teeth, this is the ‘gooey’ material that so many people dislike.
The CEREC® system can be used for inlays, onlays and full crowns, and done in one visit. And yes, in most instances we can replace those unsightly metal fillings with CEREC® ceramic—with the same characteristics of healthy dental enamel.
Yes, you can have a 100% metal-free restoration that’s as beautiful and natural looking like your original tooth.
We are proud to provide Sirona Dental’s CEREC 3-D Technology to our patients in need of restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Gone are the days where the patient must return for multiple visits to complete a restoration. CEREC Technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit! Also with this new system, the need for temporaries or impressions has been eliminated.
How does CEREC work?
- First, the decay and/or old filling is removed.
- Then, the teeth are prepared with a thin coat of reflective powder, and a specialized digital 3-D camera creates a precise digital image of the teeth. This state-of-the-art system replaces the need for messy, cumbersome traditional impressions.
- The computer-aided design (CAD) software then enables us to design and create a restoration specific to your dental needs. These highly durable restorations can also be color-matched for a more natural looking smile.
- We will then attach the restoration to the tooth, and check it for position, placement and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration — there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What are the advantages of this system?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment — no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very bio-compatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, more healthy tooth structure can be saved, since the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.