HAVE YOUR WHITE CROWN IN JUST ONE HOUR
Green Lane Dental Centre offers patients state-of-the-art computerized dentistry, the new Cerec crown in just one Visit.
Cerec is the leader in a new type of technology known as ‘CAD-CAM’ (Computer-assisted Design, Computer-assisted Manufacture). It is a significant advance in traditional crown-making approaches. Rather than taking a mold of your tooth and sending it to a laboratory, a dental practice with Cerec technology can use a photographic image of your tooth to shape a crown on-site. The crown is designed by a sophisticated computer programme which shapes the crown from porcelain. Cerec equipment can also be used to make hard-wearing, durable porcelain fillings.
When you have a conventional dental crown made your dentist will take a rubber impression of your teeth, this is the ‘gooey’ material that so many people dislike.
The CEREC® system can be used for inlays, onlays and full crowns, and done in one visit. And yes, in most instances we can replace those unsightly metal fillings with CEREC® ceramic—with the same characteristics of healthy dental enamel.
Yes, you can have a 100% metal-free restoration that’s as beautiful and natural looking like your original tooth.
We are proud to provide Sirona Dental’s CEREC 3-D Technology to our patients in need of restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Gone are the days where the patient must return for multiple visits to complete a restoration. CEREC Technology can design, fabricate and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit! Also with this new system, the need for temporaries or impressions has been eliminated.
How does CEREC work?
- First, the decay and/or old filling is removed.
- Then, the teeth are prepared with a thin coat of reflective powder, and a specialized digital 3-D camera creates a precise digital image of the teeth. This state-of-the-art system replaces the need for messy, cumbersome traditional impressions.
- The computer-aided design (CAD) software then enables us to design and create a restoration specific to your dental needs. These highly durable restorations can also be color-matched for a more natural looking smile.
- We will then attach the restoration to the tooth, and check it for position, placement and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration — there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What are the advantages of this system?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment — no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very bio-compatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, more healthy tooth structure can be saved, since the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.
At Green Lane Dental Centre, patients can look forward to being treated by a dentists who not only values their ongoing oral health, but also strives to help them achieve total wellness through exquisite care experiences. You’ll find everything you need to know below about our practice’s address here in Penge, London, ways in which you can contact us directly and our available clinic hours. We hope to hear from you soon!
Address: 17 Green Ln, London SE20 7JA
Phone: 020 8776 9776
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm